I've finished my second Dessine-Moi Un Mouton sweater! I'm really happy how it turned out; I especially like the sailor vibes it has.
Modifications I made to the original pattern:
- I didn't follow the original striping, but alternated 5 CC rows and 3 CC rows until the end.
- Only used 2 contrasting colors.
- Didn't do the hemming or cuffs as instructed, but added a 1x1 tbl ribbing. Also added similar ribbing to the neckline.
- Didn't increase or decrease at the sides, so no waistline shaping.
- I also made my sweater a bit longer than the pattern calls for.
Pattern: Dessine-Moi Un Mouton by La Maison Rililie
Yarns: MC: Drops Baby Merino in #13 Navy blue,
CCs: Drops Alpaca #5565 light maroon and #100 off white
Thanks for all your help on the heel issue. I'm right now in the middle of knitting the heel for my second sock and this time I skipped the slipped stitches at the beginning and end of the heel flap rows as many of you suggested. I also tried to pull the yarn really tight at the beginning of the RS rows (that's where I've had the most trouble) and it seems to be working out quite alright. I'll tell you how the rest of the heel turns out as soon as I get to the picking of the stitches from the sides of the flap.
I must also try the fish lips kiss heel that got quite a many votes of confidence among you guys! I'm always eager to learn new techniques especially if they are better than the way I'm used to.