Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday Pt. 5.


These are the projects I've been working on this past week. Quite a boringly gray palette, maybe the cloudy November weather has had some impact on my mood... 

I've picked up my Relax pullover again after a few weeks break. It's something I started back in July (when I was still pregnant) and sometimes I wonder if I ever get it done. The loose fit means a-lot-larger-than-your-normal-sweater dimensions and lots and lots of stitches to be knitted. I'm using Drops Lace in black and white to get a nice marled effect. 

Another monster project of mine is the Jackdaw pullover I'm still working on for Magnus. I've finished the front now, so I've made some progress since last week. I've also already seamed the shoulders but still have the sides left. (I hate seaming!) So only the sleeves and the collar to be done, and maybe I will actually finish this one fine day! I'm thinking about knitting the sleeves in a round and two-at-a-time, but haven't yet figured out how to do it or if it actually even makes anything easier...

Here's Luna once again owning everything I knit...


I have finished my Skiff hat since taking the photo above this morning. I do have the finishing touches left to do, such as weaving in ends and making a pompom. The hat is blocking now. I made some modifications to the pattern, but I'll tell you all about them when the hat is all finished and ready for use.

The white hat in the photo is something I'm making up as I go. It's going to be a Christmas present so I can't show it on the blog yet. That would ruin the surprise for the person who it is for. 


I must add one more photo, just because it's too cute to pass. Theo is finally big enough to wear most of the hats and cardigans I've knitted for him. Doesn't he look handsome in his Bonaventure cardigan and I Heart Cables hat? The hat is one of the first things I've knitted for him, and the cardigan is my favourite baby-cardi pattern so far. I must add that the hat is probably the one that fits his head the best out of all the hats he has (both hand-made as well as store-bought).

Comments

  1. It's tough when the projects on the needles are all big knits, it feels like progress is slow! but they are going to be awesome when done. and look how sweet your little dude is, rocking his hand knits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least