Skip to main content

Test Knitting - Grown-Up Sweater For Theo.


Here's the other sweater I have knitted for Theo. I took part in a test-knit for Gabrielle Danskknit on Ravelry for a children's sweater. The pattern is called "Grown-up" and should be released any day now. 

This was a really fun knit and a nice opportunity to play with color. I chose quite sombre combination of grey and pale yellow. I still prefer to dress Theo in gender-neutral colors, because he wears the clothes for such a short period and maybe if we one day get another baby it will be a girl instead, so I don't want overly boyish clothes. Or if we don't, unisex clothes are easier to gift away or sell. 


I used Drops Merino Extrafine for this project. It's a really nice yarn to work with, smooth and stretchy so I think it's perfect for baby clothes. The sweater knitted up really fast (might be down to the small size - by the way I knitted the one-year old size) and the stripes kept it interesting the whole time. I think the sweater would also look really good in unicolor, I might just do that next!

Comments

  1. Your son is a great knitwear model :-) And the sweater is lovely. I really like the colors you chose for the stripe combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous is he. I love the grellow colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great looking sweater, Theo looks so cute in it! Love the stripes and your colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so very cute in the pullover :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting!

(By Far) The Easiest Way to K4Tog.

I have published earlier a post on an easy way to k4tog - knit 4 stitches together - which is an essential stitch in my Cloud mitten pattern. As you might already know it is a bit challenging especially with 2.5 mm bamboo needles that not only have sharp tips but are bendy and especially prone to snapping. Stubborn as I am, I wasn't going to give up and change the design just to make it easier to knit. So I came up with the idea of using a tiny crochet hook to pull the working stitch through other three. 
I was planning to use this same method when knitting the second pair of Cloud mittens, but alas, I couldn't find the hook anywhere. I seem to have misplaced it and I just can't remember where I put it... And as you know I don't crochet often so the second smallest hook I had was size 3.5 mm which didn't work for this purpose for obvious reasons. 
So I was back to square one trying to figure out how to do the k4tog in an easy way when I got the idea of reversing t…

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy!
CLOUD MITTENS
(Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry)

You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g) 
Needles: a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me
Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches)


To fit an average woman hand
Intermediate knitting skills required