Skip to main content

.Triple Layer Chocolate Brownies.


Brownies are one of my all-time favorite desserts. They are delicious, super-easy to make, almost impossible to screw and their taste gets even better when refrigerated for a day or two, so you can make  large enough batch to last the rest of the week and not worry about having to eat it all the same night. You could but you don't have to :) Brownies are also a good dessert option if you have guests coming over as you can prepare them day or two beforehand. I have never met a person who wouldn't enjoy them, and this is an especially good recipe because I have reduced the amount of sugar compared to many other I've tried. S they are very chocolate-y without being overly sugary.   

I don’t know why I haven’t tried making brownies once after quitting wheat as I thought before starting that substituting the wheat flour would not really affect their consistency as much as some other baked goods.


These brownies worked out amazingly. You wouldn’t even know they are wheat-less if you didn’t know. That’s something I look for: I think the food I eat should be good and not “these-are-ok-but-you-can-notice-they-are-not-the-real-thing”-good. If the recipe doesn’t work, then I try something else the next time. But these were perfect.

I must be honest and say that this is not my favorite brownie recipe though: I like mine with bigger chucks of chocolate and nuts and they should be chewy. This recipe provides brownies that are more fudgy, sticky and moist, and best served with vanilla ice-cream. I still wanted to share this recipe with you as they are GOOD! And I will definitely make them again. I love the combination of the two different layers of this recipe, and I wanted the dark layers to be more bitter than sweet, as the white chocolate cream cheese layer balances and smoothes the taste perfectly.

So here we go, let me present you:


Triple Layer Chocolate Brownies

Dark layers:
200 g (14 tablespoons) butter (room temperature)
2.5 dl (1 cup) sugar
3 eggs
2 dl (0.8 cup) corn meal
2 dl (0.8 cup) almond flour
1 dl (0.4 cup) almonds (crushed)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
300 g (10 oz) dark chocolate
2 Tbsp. milk

White layer:
200 g (7 oz) white chocolate
2 Tbsp. milk
100 g (7 tablespoons) butter (room temperature)
200 g (7 oz) Philadelphia cream cheese
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. corn meal

Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celcius (350 F). Line a square cake pan with parchment paper. Mine was 35cm x 20 cm (14 inch x 8 inch).

Dark layers:
Put the chocolate and milk in a glass bowl, and melt them in microwave oven. It is really easy to over-heat the chocolate so it turns grainy and tastes burned, so give the mixture short pulses in the microwave oven and mix well in between. The chocolate doesn’t have to melt completely, as it continues to melt if you whisk it together with the hot milk.

Beat together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well combined. In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients and gradually beat them into the batter. Add the melted chocolate and stir it well.

Pour half of the batter into the cake pan and spread evenly.

White layer:
Melt the white chocolate with the milk similarly to the dark chocolate. Give it a good whisk to make sure it is smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.

Pour the white batter into the cake pan over the dark layer. Smooth it out so it spreads from edge to edge. Finish of by adding the top layer by pouring the rest of the darker batter over the rest. You can either smooth it out or to marble the brownies, pull a skewer through the batter several times to make feathery swirls.

Bake the brownie for 30-40 minutes or until done. Let it cool completely before cutting into pieces. These actually taste better if done a day before serving.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least