Skip to main content

Binge-Knitting.


It's been a long time since we've had a weekend without any plans and nowhere to go. I tried to suggest going to movies but there wasn't anything interesting to see (we live in a quite small city and there's only one movie theater so we seldom get anything else than those big Hollywood blockbusters...) and Magnus has been feeling a bit under the weather, I guess he caught some kind of small-time autumn flu, so we ended up just staying at home and did nothing special. Instead I had time to focus on my knitting and actually made a lot of progress. 

I finished the Docklight sweater earlier in the week after I got the missing skeins in the post. I had also ordered more yarn for the Aurora scarf; I used that yarn over the weekend as well only to notice it still wasn't enough and I'm now some 15 cm short of my intended length. I need to order one more skein... Blah. 


I also finished the striped socks I've been working on and started a new scarf project. The striped socks were the first Purl Bee design I've knitted and on the instruction page there was a link to the Trellis scarf which I fell in love with. So immediately after I finished the socks I went on to start knitting the scarf.



I still have the Stasis pullover on my needles but somehow it's not very inspiring to knit. I know I will love and wear it when it's ready but the pattern is quite monotonous... I also have a hard time picking up the blanket project after it's been on hold for almost half a year now. I know I should finish what I've started before casting on for new ones, but it didn't stop me from starting yet another project today. Sometimes I just get so excited over a project that I need to get on with it straight away like yesterday with the Trellis and now with the Anstruther Hat by Erica-knit.

I can continue with the Stasis's boring stockinette sections when I'm watching TV with Magnus: he doesn't like it when I push the pause button all the time to check my instructions... 

Comments

  1. Cute socks! They are perfectly slouchy. I love weekends like that where there is nothing to do but knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't they the best, that kind of weekends I mean :) should definitely try to clear my schedule more often and just do the things I love the most :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the