Skip to main content

Now On Needles - March.

 The back of my Exeter cardigan.

I've been suffering from serious case of indecisiveness and lack of concentration and it manifests itself with a pile of unfinished projects. A few of them are just still in the swatch phase for the right gauge but of others I've had time to knit a bit more. The biggest and most time consuming project I've been knitting has been the Exeter cardigan I've been working on for almost a month already. It's almost ready now, only missing its last sleeve. I'm already so in love with it and can't wait to get it all finished so I will get to wear it. 

Other stuff I've been knitting is the Bough set. I've knitted the Bough hat already once earlier but never the cowl. The hat is just the right size for my head so I wanted another one and this time I also decided to make the cowl as well. For the hat I used an odd skein of Drops Karisma in mustard yellow (shade #52) and for the cowl I chose the Retrosaria Beiroa that I bought from my trip to Amsterdam last November. 

I'm also knitting the Drachenfels scarf and using leftover skeins of Drops Alpaca for it. I first started the scarf with brighter colored yarns but soon decided that I didn't really like how the colors looked together, unraveled everything I had done and started again with black and grey. It looks much better now.

And the last project that I have more than a few rows to show of is a cardigan for the baby. I'm using this free pattern for it but downsizing it with the change of needles and yarn weight. The back is now ready and I've started knitting the right front.

Here's the back of the baby cardigan. I've finished it since taking the photo, and started with the right front.


Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting!

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy!
(Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry)

You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g) 
Needles: a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me
Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches)

To fit an average woman hand
Intermediate knitting skills required

Capsule Wardrobe and Knitting. Part 1. My Capsule Wardrobe Knitting Goals.

Before my preganancy I started to read about capsule wardrobes and decided to try and minimize my own pile of clothes. During these past two years I've been trying to define my own stye by really focusing on which clothes I wear over and over again, and which ones are just taking space in my closet.
And the results have been a bit surprising. I have always thought of myself as a colorful person and I thought I loved a bit quirky clothes. But the fact is I don't actually dress the way I imagined I do. I mean, I own(ed) those kind of clothes, but I seldom wear (wore) them. In the reality I kept reaching for the same basics over and over again and feeling the most comfortable wearing them. I do love colors, just not wearing them. It meant I had to redefine my style, my "uniform" and also my knitting queue. I cleaned away everything I didn't really wear and started to buy good quality basics instead. I also cleaned my knitting queue, replacing things that I liked only…