- My favorite needle size: the one that i use the most would probably be 4.0mm, but I love knitting with small needles like 2.5 mm and 3.0 mm.
- My favorite yarn weight is sport (I guess this goes hand in hand with my favorite needle sizes)
- I almost only knit with circular needles (I knit with the magic loop method). I dislike knitting with straight needles because I think the ends always bump into everything (like armrests), they don't fit nicely into a bag and our cats find the ends waving in the air irresistible.
- I avoid seaming whenever it's possible and often alter patterns so that I can knit in the round (one more reason to prefer circular needles)
- I'm not very good at seaming and I think it's boring and takes forever. I also hate weaving in ends (doesn't everyone?). It usually takes me a further day or two to actually finish a piece after binding off the last stitch until I have finally seamed everything together, woven in the ends and attached buttons (if needed)
- I'm a sucker for tweed and marled yarns.
- I would like to learn to knit fair-isle with more than two colors at a time. I've tried it a couple of times but gave up after a couple of rows and an unsolvable tangle of yarns.
- I mostly enjoy knitting cables; lace is probably my least favorite. I have a weird twisted love affair with traveling twisted stitches (pun unintended), the harder the chart the better I like it (think Cookie A)
- My favorite fibre is merino wool. I try to steer away from synthetic fibres but I can live with them in some content in sock yarns as they need to be more durable than your normal wool.
- I purl tighter than I knit.
- My skin is really sensitive so I'm super picky about yarn. However I don't think alpaca is very itchy and can wear alpaca sweaters even though many say it's one of the prickliest fibres.
PS: We are leaving for Turkey tomorrow, so no blog updates for the next week and a half! Remember to follow me on Instagram if you want to see photos of palm trees and turquoise sea, I can promise even some knitting related photos! You can find me on Instagram by name sari_n_
I'm a sucker for tweed!