Skip to main content

.Easiest Cheesecake Recipe EVER.


Last Saturday was my name day. I'm not quite sure if celebrating one's name day is solely a Scandinavian tradition, or if it is popular in other countries as well. I've never heard that it would be as big a thing anywhere else as it's over here. All the commonly used names have their own day in the Finnish and Swedish calenders, and the daily newspapers always tell you who's name day it is on that specific day, so you can congratulate them (if you know people by that name, that is). Every Finn can tell you when their name day is if you ask them.


So mine was on Saturday, along with the other names belonging to the family of names formed from Sarah. When I was a child we had a tradition that mum would bake a strawberry cake on my name day, and I would get a small present, something like a chocolate bar or a bag of candy. Magnus is used to a different kind of name day celebration: he's convinced that the person whose name day it is should be the one baking the cake and serving it to the others. During the 8 years we have been together we have not reached a mutual understanding how name days should be celebrated. (I have tried to suggest that we could both hold on to our own traditions: when it's my name day, Magnus could bake me a cake and buy me a present the way I'm used to and on his name day he could bake me a cake, if he thinks that's the proper way to celebrate. He does not share my conviction that it's a brilliant idea. So we are still in square one with the negotiating.) 

I'm the one who loves to bake so it usually is me who makes the cakes anyway. I'm not even sure if Magnus can bake a cake, I've never seen him do it. He usually goes to the bakery and buys something. Since my allergy to wheat, the baking has become harder in our household and it's not that easy to go out and buy pastries or cakes that I can eat, so I don't really pester him about the cake-thing anymore.


This cheesecake recipe is one that I have used quite often. It's the kind of cake that everybody goes back to for seconds and asks for the recipe. I usually make a chocolate cheesecake, Toblerone to be precise. I'm so happy to tell you that in addition to being one of the best cheesecakes ever, it's also probably the easiest one there is. All you need is 5 ingredients and about 15 minutes and you're ready. So here it comes:


LEMON CURD CHEESECAKE WITH STRAWBERRIES

125 g biscuits (like Digestive, I used some gluten free ones I found in our grocery store)
50 g butter, melted

2 dl double cream
200 g cream cheese, room temperature (I usually use Philadelphia cream cheese)
150 g lemon curd (I used Mackays')

200 g fresh strawberries for decorating

Line the bottom of a 24 cm spring-form cake tin with parchment butter and grease the edges. Put the biscuits in a small plastic pan and crush them using a rolling pin. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and press firmly to the bottom of the tin.

Whip the cream until it starts to form soft peaks. Add the cream cheese and lemon curd and continue to beat until evenly combined.

Spoon the cream mixture on top of the crust starting from the edges and working your way to the middle making sure there are no air bubbles. Smooth the surface with the back of your spoon or a spatula. Put the cake into the refrigerator, and let it cool, preferably overnight, but the minimum is two hours. Decorate with the strawberries before serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least