I've been writing this blog for over two years now, but I realised I have never really properly introduced myself over here. When I first started out I had no expectations (I was actually convinced that no one would want to read this and I considered it more like my personal diary) but I have been so lucky to have you all as my readers. I've never actively really advertised this blog of mine, I've more just let it live its own life, and I think most of you have found your way here through Ravelry.
After I made my Instagram account public, I've been able to interact with you guys in a whole new way, and I'm loving it. The things I publish on my IG account are in a way more personal than this blog, especially now that I haven't had as much time for it as I would have wanted and I've mostly only written about my knitting WIPs, but I wanted to change that. Not so that I'd made my IG account less personal, but by telling more about me on this blog. So here we go, some random facts about me.(And I would love to hear about you! Drop a line or two about yourself in the comment box or via Instagram if you feel like it!)
- My name is Sari, I'm 32 years old and live in Vaasa, which is a small city on the west coast of Finland.
- I speak Finnish, but my husband Magnus is Swedish speaking, and we are raising our son Theo as bilingual.
- I love traveling and I've been to every continent except Africa and North America. I would love to visit both some day. My favourite place in the world is Rome, and even though I've been there many times, I always want to go back.
- When I was 12 years old I promised myself I would never willingly knit again. This was after we had to knit socks in school and mine turned out the ugliest woollen socks ever. I held the promise for the next 8 years.
- My hair is naturally dark brown, but it turns to copper with sunlight. I have olive green/brown eyes.
- I used to work as a bartender. It was a great way to earn extra money when I was studying. I have forgotten how to make most of the cocktails but I can still make a mean caipirinha!
- I rather choose to read the book than watch the movie.
- I know how to make macarons but I have never succeeded in making cinnamon rolls. I never get the dough to rise enough! Which is weird because I bake a lot and I never have that problem with my breads and bread rolls.
- I have a lot of stuff with Moomin characters on them - towels, bed linens, coffee cups, spoons... I used to love everything Moomin when I was a child and still get Moomin stuff for presents. I always drink my coffee from Moomin cups. And I drink my coffee black. For some reason I always choose coffee over tea, even though I like the taste of tea more.
- You might think my favorite color is grey at least judging by my recent knitting projects, but that is not true. The colors I'm wearing in the photo above are my all time favorites: forest green and bronze.