Skip to main content

Theo's Winter Onesie.


It's finished! I love it! However it turned out too big, but he will grow into it. Better that than too small... I used leftover yarns for this one, and they all are different shades of Drops Baby Merino. I underestimated the need for the dark gray yarn and needed to buy more, so now I have about as much of it left as I had when I started, but it doesn't matter, I'm sure I will find use for it. I was afraid I'd have to buy more of the lavender as well, but I had just enough and there were even a few meters to spare:


If you have missed the post where I wrote about this project earlier, let me bring you up to date. The inspiration for it came from a mystery-sock-KAL by a Finnish blogger, called Muita Ihania (you can find the original pattern here). I had just finished my Arne&Carlos socks so I didn't feel the need for another pair but I loved the pattern and wanted to do something with it. So I decided to use it for a knitted onesie. 

I used the Litte William's Body pattern from Drops Design as the guideline and base for my body, but substituted the charted sections with the ones from the Muita Ihania blog. I didn't do any decreases for the sleeves but knitted them straight. I think those are the only modifications I made (even though mine looks now completely different than the original!)



Yarns: Drops Baby Merino MC #20 dark gray
CCs #13 navy blue, #10 light turquoise, #25 lavender, 
#28 light mint and #02 off-white
Needles: 2.5mm and 3.0mm

By the way: I should start to weave in the end as I knit so I don't end up with a monstrosity like this:


I counted: there were 76 tails to weave in! That took like forever!!!

Comments

  1. Fair isle is still new to me, so I am always in awe of your projects! Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I've been eyeing your Snowflake cowl on Instagram and you Fair isle looks amazing to me!

      Delete
  2. wow, this is a super impressive modification, I love this little knitted suit! I can't wait to see Theo in it, he's going to be cute as pie in his special onesie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so looking forward for him to get to wear it, but I just have to wait. He's grown quite a lot during the past few weeks so I might not have to wait that long after all :)

      Delete
  3. what an adorable onesie -- so much work but it's fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really like how it turned out as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the