Skip to main content

WIPs Week 5.


We've been enjoying some really amazing and sunny winter days, just the kind of weather that made me start to become a winter lover (I'm usually more of a warm weather person). Of course that didn't last and now we have rain fall, melting snow and extremely slippery streets. However, I enjoyed the bluer-than-blue skies and the snow shone like a thousand diamonds and made long walks with the stroller. 

But I have done some knitting as well! Let me show you what I've been up to this week!


I've continued on my Truss cardigan and have the body now ready. I started with the first sleeve, and since the cardigan has dropped shoulders and the sleeves have no sleeve caps, I decided to knit them top down by picking the stitches straight from the body. I'm also knitting them in a round instead of flat as in the instructions. I prefer them this way because the body doesn't have side seams either.

I've also been working on the Florin triangle, and I'm now knitting the border. The shawl features a lateral "Estonian" braid, that was a new technique for me. The result is really pretty, but it takes ages to knit! But I've been working on this shawl for a long time so I'm not going to start to cut corners now!



Fair-isle knitting is really addictive to me and I love how the images start to form row after row. So the WIP that has been most glued to my hands this week has been my Xanadu Snowflake Cowl. It's so fun to knit, and I love all the different snowflakes, it really doesn't get boring! This shade of burnt orange is one of my favorite colors by the way!



I run out of yarn with the multicolored body I've been working on for Theo. It's so typical to run out of yarn just when you are trying to get rid off your leftover skeins! My LYS didn't have any of the dark gray Baby Merino at the moment, but I should get my missing skein next week. Then it's back to full speed with this one. 

Today Theo turned six months. Can't believe my baby is already a half year old. Time flies! 


Comments

  1. Your snowflake cowl is looking utterly amazing, I love it! That burnt orange is so rich. And how awesome is that fabulous body suit you're knitting for Theo?! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the