Skip to main content

I've Been Productive Despite the Flu.

Yarn: Novita Wool, dyed by me with rooibos tea
Needles: 4.0 mm

I'm feeling much better already and will go back to work tomorrow, if the fever stays away. I'm starting to get bored of just sitting at home and even the thought of going back to work is starting to feel tempting (can you believe it!). I've done nothing else than lied lazy on the sofa all day, watched Netflix and knitted. I'm already longing to go out: to the city, to the shops, cafes, maybe even cinema, go for a walk or jogging or anything. Being sick is no fun, but at least I have finished some of my knitting wips.



First I finished the Dune neck warmer I started in Turkey and then continued the Wanderling sweater which has been in progress since the beginning of August (I left it home for the holiday; I thought knitting a sweater would be a bit too much by the pool...) It was also ready by yesterday afternoon. I wanted something small and easy to knit while watching the last season of The Killing so I took some leftover yarns and started to knit a cap. It was also finished by the time I'm writing this.


But now back to the Dune neck warmer, let's start with it. I used some of the yarns I dyed a short while back with rooibos tea. Since I only had two skeins of it, I decided to make a neck warmer instead of a longer looped cowl. I added one repeat of the charted section to make up for the fact that I was using slightly smaller needles and DK weight yarn (so instead of casting on 108 sts I had 130 stitches on my needles).




Pattern: Cousteau cap
Yarns: Garnstudio Drops Cotton Merino, shade 08 navy
and Novita Wool, same as above
Needles: 3.5 mm 

And then the cap. I used my Cousteau cap pattern for this, but with a few small modifications. I used smaller needles, DK weight yarn and made a beanie instead of a slouch. I started with 1x1 twisted ribbing (k 1 tbl, p 1) and added a stripe with the rest of rooibos-dyed Novita Wool. The navy blue yarn is leftover from the Peacoat sweater. I started the decreases already at 13 cm to make it into a beanie. I also used the last bits of the rooibos-yarn to make a pompom and attached it to the top. I really like this beanie, and I'm sure I will use it a lot this fall.

The Wanderling sweater is still blocking and a bit damp at the moment so I will post some photos later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the