Skip to main content

Anstruther Mittens.

Yarns: Main color Garnstudio Drops Baby Merino 13 Navy
Contrasting colors Pirkanmaan kotityö Roosa Nauha Sukkalanka #54 salmon,
white Novita Pikkusisko & Pirkanmaan kotityö Roosa Nauha Sukkalanka #58 gray

For some reason I've been unbelievably and abnormally tired for the past few weeks. It might be because of the time of the year: it's still dark when I walk to work and the sun has set again before I get home. The days have been gray and heavy with clouds so that hasn't really been something to boost my energy levels either. Every day after work I've been so tried that I have just slumped onto the sofa and watched Mad Men while knitting absentmindedly. The good thing is that I've actually finished a few of my projects in the past few days; like the Stasis pullover and the burgundy Hutchin hat. And last night I finished the Anstruther mittens I've been working on for a while now.

I used same yarns for the mittens as for the Anstruther hat I knitted a short while ago. The only difference was that I used the navy Drops Baby Merino as my main color instead of the gray one I used in the hat. I like how the hat and mittens go perfectly together without being too matchy-matchy.

I especially love the long cuffs and the little lace detail at the end of them!


  1. Replies
    1. Kiitos! Nämä ovat olleetkin jo kovassa käytössä, varsinkin piposta tykkään erityisen paljon!

  2. these are so beautiful, I love the colours you chose! And the design is stunning.

    1. Thanks! I really like the patterns, especially the one for the hat. I'm planning to knit another set soon, but I'm still undecided on the colors. I really recommend knitting these!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least