Skip to main content

Me Made May '15: Days 6-11

May 6th: Frost in the morning, sunshine by noon, raining when I left work. The weather keeps changing and I'm trying to wear layers. My Dragonfields scarf is wonderful for days like these! 

May 7th: I finished my second Harper so of course I had to wear it right away. The baby and the bump keep on growing, by now it's already week 27!

May 8th: Luna wants to match my socks! I knitted these quite a while back using the Linesx3 pattern.

May 9th: I spent a few hour seaming in the morning and my Aidez is finally ready!

May 10th: The weather took a turn for the colder again. I was helping my mother with her garden and keeping warm with my Hutchin hat.

May 11th: Monday and back to work! Hellebore is one of the few pullovers that still fit me...


  1. Love the photo with Luna. Great knits too ;)

    1. Isn't she just the cutest! I love the photo too :)

  2. Lovely, lovely handknits. I love your glow :)

  3. It's always so cool to see knits getting out in the wild after they are made, and also speaks to how well they hold up, too! Glad that so many of them have worked out and still fit your adorable baby bump!

    1. I know what you mean, and sometimes it's such a shame when something you've knit doesn't look /fit like it's supposed to or pill immediately after the first time wearing it. The best garments are those you still reach for after years of use!

      Fitting the bump into anything is starting to get more challenging by the day, and I'm hoping for the warmer weathers and summer to reach Finland so I can just wear a maxi dress day in day out :)


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least