Skip to main content

Baby Knits.


It's been a bit quiet here on my blog for the past two weeks. I've been trying to get used to not going to work anymore and just staying at home instead. My maternity leave will start on 1st of July but until then I'm on sick leave. Don't worry, everything is fine with me and the baby but the hectic schedule at work started to become too exhausting for me leaving me zombie-like on the sofa after I came home from work. The doctor thought it was pointless that I wasted my energy at work instead of taking care of myself and the baby so now I'm trying to relax while I still can and gather strength before the coming ordeals. 

I've been knitting some new stuff for the baby, although it seems like I don't have much to show for the two weeks I've been at home. I thought I would have had a lot of time to just knit but in reality on most days I've been too tired to do anything and my usually fast knitting tempo has substantially slowed down. I'm starting to feel more alive again and finished my Yuki cardigan just a few days ago. (It's still missing buttons, but once I find the perfect ones, I'll post some pictures here on the blog!) Otherwise I feel like I have an endless amount of unfinished projects on my needles, mostly stuff for the baby, but I'm trying to give myself time to rest as much as I need and not care about all the things I have uncompleted and in progress (there's still so much to do before the baby comes!)


But back to everything I have finished. My favorite of the new knits is the little yellow kitty plush toy. I knitted it with cotton yarn that can be washed in 60 degrees C, which is perfect for baby stuff. I embroidered the eyes and the nose instead of using button eyes even though I would have had some beautiful green cat eyes at home, but I thought they wouldn't be safe enough for a small child. I didn't make the dress the original pattern has, but embroidered a light blue ribbon around the kitty's neck instead.

I've also finished a little blue Eole cardigan and a purple romper. The romper didn't have an opening between the legs for easy diaper access but I added one by knitting a couple rows of garter stitch on each side and three "k2tog-yo" buttonholes on the front side of the romper instead of seaming the front and back together like instructed. 


The last thing I've finished is the Fiddlehead pullover. The sizing seems to be a bit on the larger side but luckily babies grow so I'm sure the sweater will eventually fit :)


Yarns: Drops Paris in #35 vanilla and #17 off-white
Needles: 3.5mm


Yarn: Drops Fabel #107 blue
Needles: 3.5mm


Yarn: Drops Fabel #104 purple
Needles: 3.0 mm

Yarn: Drops Fabel #111 mustard
Needles: 2.5mm

Comments

  1. such wonderful little baby knits, I love that romper and yellow cat toy! No doubt it is best for ou to have some rest before the baby comes- I worked right up until the day I had my daughter, and I totally regret it. A bit of downtime while waiting for your little one to arrive is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't believe how you managed to work that long! I don't think I could have made it any longer than I did, and it's nice to get some me-time before the baby comes, as well as time to work on baby stuff and the nursery without the extra pressure of having to go to work. I read you have another baby on the way, and I hope you get to relax a bit more throughout this second pregnancy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least