Skip to main content

Christmas Knitting.


I hope all of you have had a peaceful and happy Christmas holiday! We have been enjoying time with our families with way too much chocolate and lots of laughter.

Now that everyone has opened their Christmas gifts so I can finally show what I knitted! I didn't have time to make anything for my parents but I promised to knit them socks anyway, they'll get them when I have time to finish them. (I'm using the Rye sock pattern by Tincanknits, it's such a great pattern and I love how they fit!)

I knitted hats for my sisters, the younger one got a white and beige Laurus hat (pattern by Dianna Walla and it is freely available via Fringe hat along) and for the big sis I knitted a Bror hat (pattern by Hege Klaseie). I used Drops Nepal for both hats, and for the contrasting sections I used the last remaining leftover pieces of Novita Alpaca Wool. (Both photos are posed by me before giving the hats away.)





And for my one-year old godson I knitted a hat using the I Heart Cables pattern. I've knitted two hats using this pattern for Theo earlier in the smallest size and I really like them! This time I made the toddler size. I also made him a little scarf, and I will be posting the pattern here as soon as I have time to knit another one to make sure my notes are correct. (The scarf is posed by Theo, but the hat was way too big for him.)




Comments

  1. Such great gifts, the hats are all fantastic- and the pom poms perfectly proportioned. And what a cute cowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I'm so happy about my new pompom maker, it makes things so much easier!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! All these hats are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm really happy about how they turned out!

      Delete
  3. Oh boy! Such beautiful, beautiful gifts. I am sure everyone will just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! Such beautiful, beautiful gifts. I am sure everyone will just love them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least