Skip to main content

Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies.

This is my new favorite cookie recipe. It took me a while to get the flour amount right so that the cookies are not too dry and brittle, as often happens when baking without wheat. 

Rosemary Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 20

250 g (1.1 cups) butter
1 dl (0.4 cups) caster sugar
1 dl (0.4 cups) brown sugar
2 eggs
4.5 dl (1.8 cups) flour (I used 3.5 dl organic cornmeal and added 1 dl of potato starch)
0.5 tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
200 g dark chocolate chips (7 ounces)
1.5 Tbsp. minced rosemary (I used fresh but I guess you could also substitute this with dried rosemary)

Set your oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix the flours, baking soda, and salt.

In another bowl beat together butter and the sugars until soft and creamy. Continue to beat the mixture and add the eggs one at a time. Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mixture until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and minced rosemary by folding with a spatula.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoon, about 5 cm (2 inches) apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press the cookies to get a bit flatter and smoother surface.

Bake in the preheated oven for ca 10 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned. Allow the cookies to cool down for a while on the baking sheet before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.


Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least