Skip to main content

The Perfect Cardigan Pattern.

If you already have the perfect cardigan what do you call another one as perfect? I really can't tell which Exeter cardigan I love the most: the one I knitted earlier or this new one.

I must say Michele Wang is my absolutely favorite knitwear designer. Not only is this pattern near perfection, I also love her other patterns such as the Stonecutter and Hellebore.

When knitting my first Exeter I followed the pattern very closely, but with this second one I took quite a many liberties. I guess knitting is a bit like baking: at first you need to measure all the ingredients but after a while when you know how the batter is supposed to feel and look like you can start mixing more freely. For example: the first time around I wondered if I could knit the fronts as just one pieces instead of first knitting the charted sections and then the ribbing. I wondered if the gauge really was that different that you needed to have two different needle sizes for the two elements. This time I decided not to separate the sections but knit them in one piece and only used 4.0mm needles both for the ribbed placket sections as well as the charted parts. I'm happy with the result. I will write down all the modifications I made and post them here as soon as possible.

Yarns: Drops Alpaca #9020 light pearl gray
Drops Baby Merino #22 light gray
Needles: 4.0 mm


  1. Hello Sari,
    your cardigan is absolutely gorgeous and you are a beautiful woman :) I'm excited to follow your blog from now on.
    Greetings from Germany


    1. Thank you! And so glad to have you on board! Greetings from Finland :)


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least