Skip to main content

Dessine-Moi Un Marin.

I've finished my second Dessine-Moi Un Mouton sweater! I'm really happy how it turned out; I especially like the sailor vibes it has. 

Modifications I made to the original pattern: 

  • I didn't follow the original striping, but alternated 5 CC rows and 3 CC rows until the end.
  • Only used 2 contrasting colors.
  • Didn't do the hemming or cuffs as instructed, but added a 1x1 tbl ribbing. Also added similar ribbing to the neckline.
  • Didn't increase or decrease at the sides, so no waistline shaping.
  • I also made my sweater a bit longer than the pattern calls for.

Pattern: Dessine-Moi Un Mouton by La Maison Rililie
Yarns: MC: Drops Baby Merino in #13 Navy blue, 
CCs: Drops Alpaca #5565 light maroon and #100 off white
Needles: 3.5mm

Thanks for all your help on the heel issue. I'm right now in the middle of knitting the heel for my second sock and this time I skipped the slipped stitches at the beginning and end of the heel flap rows as many of you suggested. I also tried to pull the yarn really tight at the beginning of the RS rows (that's where I've had the most trouble) and it seems to be working out quite alright. I'll tell you how the rest of the heel turns out as soon as I get to the picking of the stitches from the sides of the flap.

I must also try the fish lips kiss heel that got quite a many votes of confidence among you guys! I'm always eager to learn new techniques especially if they are better than the way I'm used to. 


  1. love the sweater, it looks fantastic on you! plus you can't go wrong with classic navy, it goes with just about everything.

    1. Thanks! I also thought this color combination would be quite timeless, and the marine theme never seems to go out of fashion either :)


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least