Skip to main content

WIP... Friday.

I was so planning on showing you every Wednesday what I had on my needles and what I was working on, but wait - it's already Friday! Where did this week go?

I finally got my yarn order and now my stash is once again over-flowing with pretty skeins. These past few days I've been mostly knitting Magnus's birthday sweater (which is already over a month late) - it's the Jackdaw from Brooklyn Tweed's BT Men Volume 2 collection. I've now finally got the back ready and I've started knitting the front. At this moment I'm just past the bottom ribbing and a few rows in the chart. 

I'm anxious to see how it looks when it's blocked and the cables relax a bit. The texture is quite unlike anything else I've ever knitted, and while it's quite easy to memorise, I don't really find it very intuitive so it doesn't make good TV knitting.

Even though I'm most certainly not a monogamous knitter (at this moment I think I have 8 or 9 unfinished projects) I usually concentrate on one thing for a few days and switch to something else when I get bored. In addition to what is my go-to-project at that moment I always need to have at least one really easy (like stockinette stitch in a round) project that I can work on when watching movies with Magnus, because he gets irritated if I constantly ask him to press pause when I need to check my chart or other instructions. So the "easy" project I've been working on has been my Socktober socks. I've now finished mine and the baby's. That means I only have Magnus's socks left. The pattern (Rye socks by Tin Can Knits) is surprisingly easy and I was really amazed how quick they were to knit. Still they look much more complicated than they actually are. Here they are, straight off the needles and still unblocked.

I'm interested, how about you guys, do you mostly just concentrate on one or two projects or are you more like me, starting a ton of stuff and then alternating between them? Do you have many WIPs waiting to be finished?


Popular posts from this blog

Salut Chéri! Beret Pattern.

Here is the pattern for the berets I've knitted. The name for the beret is from the t-shirt I was wearing when I took the project photos of the first beret for Ravelry. I thought the name suited the beret, since it's quite classical take on the hat that has become the icon of everything French. Happy knitting! Salut Chéri! You need:  yarn: 105-125 m (114 - 137 yards) worsted weight yarn. The sample was knitted with Novita Joki ( 104 m or 114 yard per 50g) needles : 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm (US size 4 and 6) circular needles (40 cm or 16 inches) size 4.0 mm (US size 6) DPNs 6 stitch markers , one of a different color to indicate the beginning of the round Gauge : 10 sts and 16 rounds = 5 cm (2 inches) in straight Stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles Cast on 88 sts on 3.5mm circular needle. Join in round, careful not to twist the stitches. Place a marker to indicate the beginning of the round. Knit in straight Stockinette stitch (knit all

Cloud Mittens - the Pattern part 1.

This is so long overdue, but I have now finally managed to write down the pattern for the Cloud mittens. Here it is, my Christmas present to all you guys! Enjoy! CLOUD MITTENS ( Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry ) You need: 125 m or 135 yards of DK weight yarn (blue sample knit with Novita Wool, 100% wool, 135 m/ 50g) 125 m or 135 yards of sport weight yarn for the lining (blue sample: Garnstudio Drops Baby Alpaca Silk, 70% alpaca, 30% silk, 167 m/ 50 g)  Needles : a set of 2.5 mm (US 1 1/2) DPNs or circular needles if you prefer Magic Loop method like me Gauge: 16 stitches and 22 rows = 5 cm (2 inches) To fit an average woman hand Intermediate knitting skills required LEFT MITTEN Cast on 54 stitches loosely on size 2.5 mm double pointed needles or a circular needle if you like knitting with magic loop method like me. I used the long-tail method to cast on. You can place a marker (beginning of the round) if you want, the

Saving A Curling Scarf.

Don't you just hate it when a piece you've spent hours working on doesn't turn out the way you imagined it? It looks like this... ...when it should be more like this. After just a couple of rows into the Trellis scarf I noticed the cast on edge started to roll upwards ever so slightly. As I continued to knit the curling got worse and worse until it seemed to calm down when the scarf measured 10 cm or so from the CO edge. I didn't really stress much about it thinking it would be easily fixed later on and continued to knit further. Halfway through knitting the scarf I faced another problem with the scarf. The CO edge still rolled up and now the sides started to curl inwards. So badly that the scarf lost more than half of it's width. I hate it when it happens. If this was something I designed myself I could maybe live with the mistake, but when it's a pattern that is published I would assume such things would have been fixed. Or at least